Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eskimo Mouse

There is a small, pink, marzipan flower living in my fridge. 
Placed there by an unknown family member, presumably off a cake from some sort of function they recently attended, where they spent the night thieving decorations off cakes.

Perhaps a wedding.

I've observed this flower over a period of a week or so and every time I open the fridge it is a fraction smaller.
Until eventually it was reduced to a lump of pink marzipan. Obviously the cake decoration thief / beloved family member, is taking one bite out of the flower every day. 
I'd like to believe though, that there is a small, hyperactive, sugar-hungry, eskimo mouse living in my fridge. It has feasted on the numerous forgotten sugar treats in my fridge so it now moves so fast, that the human eye can no longer track it. For the purpose of this blog and for your entertainment I'll slow down time to capture a glimpse of the fridge dwelling, sugar fiend. (See what I do for you people?)





Well, yeah its out of focus. Have you ever seen a photo of big foot, the loch ness monster or a UFO that was in focus? No, didn't think so. However just for you I'll render what I imagine him to look like.





I think I shall call him Barry.
This is Vanilla Fiction, the girl who is home alone on Christmas eve, signing off. I hope I don't get burgled because to be honest, I'm just not that fast at making burglar traps.
Have a Merry Merry Christmas full to the brim with laughter and drunken uncles.
xx
Until next time
VF

1 comment: